OK, so this is not the “manliest” recipe posted on 52SundayDinners.com. If you want barbeque ribs, steak and man-food. We have that, too. This simple appetizer, however, will kick-start your meal off to a good start.
- 6 Each – Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons – Mayonaise
- 2 Teaspoons – Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon – Lee & Perrin’s Worcestershore Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – Fine Ground Black Pepper
- Boil eggs until they are hard-boiled. See note at the bottom of this post for instructions on perfect boiled eggs.
- Cut eggs in half, removing yokes
- Add yokes to the balance of the ingredients and mix with a fork in a mixing bowl to blend thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a sandwich-sized zip-lock bag and clip one lower corner.
- Squeeze the mixture into the eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate until dinner.
Double the recipe for a hungry bunch, or have them longing for more.
Note: The Worcestershore Sauce has a brown pigment that (when combined with the eggs) will produce a green pigment. The flavor of the Worcestershore Sauce, however, is worth the odd looking eggs.
Perfect Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in saucepan of COLD water. Water should cover eggs at least 1″. Boil over HIGH heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a medium boil and cook an additional ten minutes.
- Remove from stovetop and place eggs under ice cold water for a few minutes until egg are completely cool.