This in one of those recipes that should be in your family’s regular rotation. It should be a staple. It is quick and easy to prepare and all age groups will love it. There is a fair amount of butter and cream in it, and is sometimes called “Heart attack on a plate” so don’t overdo it!
- 16 Ounces – Dry Fettuccine Pasta Noodles
- 3 Each – Fresh (not frozen) Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1.5 Sticks – Butter
- 3 Cups – Heavy Cream
- 2.5 Cups – Romano Cheese, freshly grated (You may substitute Parmesan Cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese)
- 2 Teaspoons – Salt
- 1 Teaspoon – Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon – Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Cloves – Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 Each – Egg Yoke
- Cook the three chicken breast either by broiling them in the oven, or by grilling them on a gas or charcoal grill. You may also cook them in a skillet, if you prefer. The images in this recipe used chicken that was grilled on an outdoor grill.
- Boil water for your fettuccine noodles in a large Dutch oven or saucepan according to the package instructions.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. As the butter begins to sizzle and releases a nutty aroma, add the cream and stir.
- While stirring with a whisk, slowly add the grated cheese and egg yoke.
- Add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic and nutmeg.
- Drain the noodles when they are Al Dente and add them to the sauce and incorporate all that cheesy goodness around the noodles.
- Serve in a large serving bowl.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and add the chicken into the mixture or place it on top.
- Garnish with parsley or strips of fresh basil.
Feeds 6 adults and a bunch of half-breed Italian grandkids.