Every Asian meal at our home is accompanied by Fried Rice. My wife Teresa has been cooking this staple for years and takes over the task of preparing the rice.
- 2 Cups – Long Grain White Rice
- 4 Cups – Water
- 2 Teaspoons – Salt
- 4 Ounces – Frozen Packaged Vegetable Mix with Carrots, English Peas, Green Beans and Corn
- 1/4 Cup – Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons – Vegetable Oil
- Optional – 1 Cup of Thick Bean Sprouts
- If time allows, Cook the rice the night before and refrigerate. Do this by boiling the 4 cups of water, adding the salt and the rice. Cover and simmer on warm/low for 22 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Thaw the packaged vegetables and cook in the oil in a large wok until they become tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the rice & soy sauce.
- Thoroughly mix with two wooden paddles or wooden spoons until the rice has absorbed the oil & soy sauce and the vegetables are integrated into the rice.
- Clear an area in the bottom of the wok and add the eggs. Scramble.
- Continue to mix and add sprouts and any other ingredient such as cubed pork, that you want to enhance your fried rice.
- Add salt if needed, but remember that the soy sauce will add a salty flavor.
Works as a side dish for 8 – 10 adults.