Every few weeks someone in the the family says, “That is the best Sunday Dinner ever!” Two of my family members made that claim when I prepared this meal with my Junior Chef. These pork chops prepared with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs were mouth watering and delicious!
- 5 Pounds – Pork Chops, custom cut to full 1″ chops. I cut mine from a full pork loin.
- 3 Each – Large Eggs
- 1.5 Cups – Parmesan Cheese, packaged Kraft works fine
- 2 Cups – Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon – Salt
- 1 Tablespoon – Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon – Granulated Garlic
- 2 Each – Large Lemons
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Vegetable Oil
- Trim any excess fat from the pork chops
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and granulated garlic in a small shallow pan or casserole.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil and coat with a thin layer of oil.
- Whip the three eggs in a large bowl.
- Dredge the chops through the eggs, then the dry mixture, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the chops are golden brown. If you have a convection oven, leave the fan off for this meal. It will help the juices from the pork chops moisten the coating mixture.
- Resist the temptation to flip them over.
- Squeeze the juice from one large lemon on the chops. Garnish with the other.
- Serve on Romaine lettuce leaves.
Serves 8 adults and a bunch of young kids …. including 2 three year olds that won’t stop saying, “More chicken, please!”