How about something light and fun for dinner this Sunday? Stir up a Tupperware(R) container of this delicious Swiss Chard Pasta Salad, a cooler full of soft drinks and head to the park, the beach or the local fishing hole and make fun your first priority. Eating can be a minor agenda item. If you are a stranger to Swiss Chard, visit your local organic grocer. It is a flavorful green that can be cooked or eaten raw. The olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning will bring out the natural flavor of the rainbow chard.
- 4 bunches – Fresh Rainbow Chard
- 16 Ounces – Dry Mini Bow-tie pasta
- 1/2 Cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Each – Medium Lemons
- 2 Teaspoons – Salt
- 1 Teaspoon – Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon – Dry Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon – Italian Seasoning
- 4 Each – Large Eggs, chopped
- 10 Ounces – Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Pound – Fresh Broccoli. chopped fine
- 12 Ounces – Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 8 Ounces – Black Olives, sliced
- 4 Ounces – Green Olives, sliced
- 6 Each – Mini Peppers, sliced (or 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced)
- Prepare pasta to al dente according to package instructions.
- Clean chard and remove stems.
- Save stems to pickle or simply saute in bacon grease or butter for later.
- Cut chard into 1″ squares.
- Hard boil the 4 eggs and chop.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 4 – 24 hours before serving.
Take the plastic bowls and forks. This single course meal feeds a family of 6 adults and a bunch of children that will have to stop fishing to come to the picnic area.